Szczecińskie Kopalnie Surowców Mineralnych S.A. (Szczecin Pits of Mineral Raw Materials) is a company with a nearly 50 year-long tradition and a leading manufacturer of aggregates in the Western-Pomeranian region of Poland. Our history dates back to 1964 when the three first mining and processing units of the Szczecin Aggregate Mining Company (Szczecińskie Przedsiębiorstwo Eksploatacji Kruszyw). In the course of development, the number locations was growing, so that in the 1970s the enterprise already managed as many as 10 pits.
Nevertheless, it is the privatisation of SKSM in 1991 together with the incorporation of a joint-stock company which stands as a pivotal moment in its history. Thereupon, exclusively the employees of the former state-owned company were entitled to become its new shareholders. Soon the company became the largest producer of aggregates in the Western-Pomeranian and Lubuskievoivodeships, and currently,as a shareholder of Bielinex-Beton Sp. z o.o., it also operates in the Lower-Silesian area. The last mentioned company additionally deals with concrete production in the Łódź and Lower-Silesian voivodeships.
The SKSM capital group includes the following entities Companies:
- Szczecińskie Kopalnie Surowców Mineralnych S.A.
- Bielinex- Beton Spółka z o.o.
- Zakład Remontowy SKSM S.A. Spółka z o.o.
- Przedsiębiorstwo Geologiczne „Geoprojekt Szczecin” Spółka z o.o.
Shareholders: company is owned by 52 shareholders
Share capital: 1 163 200 PLN
Employment: capital group employs approx. 253 people
Number of units:
- eight pits: – Bielinek, Golice, Ognica, Storkowo (Western Pomerania) – Dębówko, GorzupiaDolna, Zwierzyn (Lubuskie) – Bierkowice (Lower Silesia)
- excavation site: – Marianowo (Western Pomerania)
- dwa punkty sprzedaży: – Krzynka (województwo zachodniopomorskie) – Nabrzeże Regalica w Szczecinie (województwo zachodniopomorskie)
- trzy betoniarnie: – Piotrków Trybunalski (województwo łódzkie) – Bierkowice k/Kłodzka (województwo dolnośląskie) – Kleszczów k/Bełchatowa (województwo łódzkie)